Paris

We took the ICE train and went to Paris for the weekend. It was great! Beforehand, we made a list of all the things we wanted to do while we were there and we were able to do each one: Climb the Eiffel Tower, have a picnic in Champ de Mars Park, get Kurt a Hard Rock Cafe Paris shirt, eat duck, walk along the Seine River, visit Notre Dame Cathedral, eat crepes for breakfast and lunch, shop along Rue des Champ-Elyees, eat pastries and creme brulee, visit the Louvre, and go to Ile Sainte- Louis. Ahhhh, what a weekend! It rained both Friday and Sunday... but that didn't stop us!The Louvre Museum. You enter through a glass pyramid and go underground to get to the museum. Very impressive museum... for the first two hours. It was enormous and we didn't end up seeing the whole thing. However, we did see the Mona Lisa!Notre Dame Cathedral:

This is the restaurant we ate duck at:

There are creperies all through Paris... here I am with my nutella, banana and almond crepe:

Sampling the pastries:

We spoiled our taste buds on this trip. On our last day, as we were enjoying creme brulee and espresso, Kurt made the comment "Well, we'll be taking a few extra pounds home with us... that's kind of like a souvenir, isn't it?" :)

We walked from our hotel at Gare de l'Est to the Eiffel Tower which was basically on the other side of the city. It was a pretty walk because we walked along the Seine River but by the time we got there and then climbed to the top of the tower, we were both extremely wore out!

Here we are at the top of the Eiffel Tower:

Here is what we did right afterwards:

We got a variety of cheese, meats and crackers and had a picnic under the Eiffel Tower. Here is Kurt opening our bottle of French wine:

We stayed to watch the sunset. The Eiffel Tower at dusk

The tower was beautiful at night when they had it all lit up: That brings us to the end of our romantic, weekend retreat to Paris... "au revoir!"

2 comments:

The Shusters said...

Hey Connie!! How are you??? It looks like you're doing well...just a random trip to Paris!! I'm jealous! It looks amazing though! So...I'm sure you may have heard the news, but maybe not...I'm engaged! His name is Micah. You can check out my cool new blog, (thanks to Katy's convincing!) it will update you! But I just wanted to say hi and that I miss you!! I hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy your dreams are coming true!