The house with a Christmas tree..

When I was in college, there was one particular year that I was going to work all through Christmas and wouldn't be able to make it home for the holidays. I saw Dad in Colorado a few days before. When he found out I'd be alone in my little cabin on Christmas without a tree, he put me in the truck and we set out on a mission. At last we found it. Measuring about 1.5 foot high, he put it in the cart along with tiny lights, miniature ornaments and a string of beads. As I drove back to Laramie that night, I glanced over at my Christmas tree and smiled. Just one more tiny reminder, of my father's love.

This year, Kurt and I bought a tree. Measuring 7.5 feet in height, it comes a long way from my college tree. Here is Kurt setting it up in our living room: Digging out all the cute decorations our friends and family sent us last year: The final product! I love turning on the lights at night, lying on the couch and looking at each decoration. I don't know why but something about it, makes my heart glow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful, but not quite as beautiful as you two. Just looking at this blogspot it is so magnificently evident how happy you are. It's so wonderful to see. All of my love to both of you.....

Dianna

Anonymous said...

A belated Merry Christmas to you both! Happy New Year!

Debbie McCoy