Locks Of Love

I cut my hair for Locks of Love again this year!

For those of you who haven't heard of them, Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that accepts ponytails 10 inches or longer and/or financial contributions in order to make wigs for children who have lost their hair due to an illness or due to medical treatments to treat their condition. It takes 6-10 ponytails to make one wig! You can visit their website at http://www.locksoflove.org/ for more informaion.

Before:After:This is the shortest I've ever had my hair. I decided to go for a new style as well, so I got side sweeping bangs and layers too, which was another big step - but I love it! Most importantly, a child is now one step closer to having a wig, and to having their dignity and sense of identity restored! "Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.... This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God". - 2 Corinthians 9:7,12

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Con, you have such a big heart, and you look gorgeous!! I don't know if I would ever have the patience or the guts to do that. That's what I love about you!

Anonymous said...

where is Kurts pony tail contribution