We had all of our furniture and belongings boxed up and put on a ship to be moved back to the States and I had finished my last day of work at Landstuhl. Kurt and I decided that it would be a good time for me to make a trip back to see my family that I hadn't seen in a year and a half. My first stop was to Phoenix, Arizona where I saw my Grandpa Mines who will be celebrating his 92nd birthday in September. Here we are eating breakfast on his patio. We had to get up extra early to beat the Arizona heat!
Here is a letter that President Bush wrote to Grandpa regarding Grandpa's time as a POW in WWII. Thank you for your help in this Uncle Gary! You can double click on the letter to read it better:
While I was in Phoenix, I also got to see Aunt Carol, Uncle Lee and my cousin Luke! It was great to be able to spend some time with them.
Jim and Kristine were also able to make it out to Phoenix and we made a trip to the cemetery to see Grandma's and Uncle Denny's headstones.
Jim, Kristine and Grandpa at Grandma's gravesite:
We heard and told many stories, visited with family, ate a lot of food and had a wonderful time! Thank you for a wonderful time Grandpa!

Here is a letter that President Bush wrote to Grandpa regarding Grandpa's time as a POW in WWII. Thank you for your help in this Uncle Gary! You can double click on the letter to read it better:
While I was in Phoenix, I also got to see Aunt Carol, Uncle Lee and my cousin Luke! It was great to be able to spend some time with them.
Jim and Kristine were also able to make it out to Phoenix and we made a trip to the cemetery to see Grandma's and Uncle Denny's headstones.
Jim, Kristine and Grandpa at Grandma's gravesite:
We heard and told many stories, visited with family, ate a lot of food and had a wonderful time! Thank you for a wonderful time Grandpa!
No comments:
Post a Comment