We took a little day trip to Belgium this past weekend and as we crossed the border, we noticed that we weren't seeing ANY gas stations. I was beginning to worry that Belgium was on solar power or maybe they figured out how to run cars on chocolate and beer since these items were in such abundance. After about 50 miles, we finally found a station and decided to fill up. Every pump except for two pumps off to the side (without any cars lined up at them), had signs for diesel. When we drove up to the what appeared to be an abandoned gasoline pump, the nozzle was about 6-8 inches in diameter. I went in and in my very best Canadian French, asked the cashier where the pump for gasoline was. My french must have been very poor because she told me (in English) that we were at the right pump and made me give her my passport in exchange for a couple of brass adaptors... none of which fit our car. Luckily, there was another American there who directed us to the correct pump. I have no idea what we "almost" put in our car had the nozzle fit... I'm glad we didn't find out the hard way.
Brugge is known as "The Venice of the North" and has waterways running all through the town. We took a boat ride and got to see many of the famous historical buildings and parks of the city. 
Many of the older buildings looked like their roofs were caving in. It was actually a nice little, nostalgic, countryside feeling... as long as you were on the outside.



1 comment:
Connie,
I just got done leaving you a nice long comment, and it sent me an error message.
You guys have such exciting lives. This place looks amazing. I love the country feel it has to it. Crazy story about the gas too. I'm glad there was someone there to help you. Miss you, Katy
Post a Comment